Reduced maintenance costs and improved user productivity for a leading publishing house
Global expansions threaten legacy systems of large publishing enterprises affecting their operational efficiency and business performance.
Here’s a story on how Mindtree helped a global publisher reduce maintenance costs and enhance customer service, by modernizing their core applications.
The customer needed a makeover of their core applications. The legacy system was taxed with applications that could not scale impacting performance. Their multi-geography presence added to the complexity, while the redundant systems were increasing the maintenance overheads. They needed a global system with a modernized framework to achieve operational efficiency.
The customer faced the following challenges:
- Integration of a third party tool into the modernized framework
- Huge time and cost implications to rewrite the complex system
- Risk of reusing the common applications
Mindtree collaborated with the customer to modernize their core system. We created a framework with enhanced functionality, using the existing applications. Mindtree delivered a one-click, seamless integration with other modules. This laid a strong foundation for a global system that reduced maintenance, improved user productivity and enhanced customer service.
- Upgraded the legacy system (AS / 400) applications inside a LANSA application framework
- Modernized application navigation and developed a staged path for application replacement and deployment
- No additional changes to the existing server logic
- Consolidated functionality of the core application and implemented a security module into RAMP framework
- Introduced special features like 'print and archive' and conditional display of data in the grid
- Delivered a cost-effective solution by reusing the core application business logic
- Increased operational efficiency and improved user productivity
- Reduced the maintenance overheads signiﬁcantly
- Enhanced customer service